- Social Influence
- Marketing Research
- Consumer Behavior
- Marketing & Society
- Social Influence
- Lembregts, C. & Pandelaere, M. (2019). Falling Back on Numbers: When Preference for Numerical Product Information Increases after a Personal Control Threat. Journal of Marketing Research, 56, 104–122.
- Van Kerckhove, A. & Pandelaere, M. (2018). Swiping is the new liking: How product orientation shapes product evaluations conveyed through swiping. Journal of Consumer Research, 45, 633-647.
- Pandelaere, M. (2016). Materialism and Well-being: The Role of Consumption. Current Opinion in Psychology, 10, 33-38.
- Krekels, G. & Pandelaere, M. (2015). Dispositional Greed. Personality and Individual Differences, 74, 225-230.
- Lembregts, C., & Pandelaere, M. (2013). Are All Units Created Equal? The Effect of Default Units on Product Evaluations. Journal of Consumer Research, 39, 1275-1289.
- Hudders, L. & Pandelaere, M. (2012). The Silver Lining of Materialism: The Impact of Luxury Consumption on Subjective Well-Being. Journal of Happiness Studies, 13, 411-437.
- Pandelaere, M., Briers, B. & Lembregts, C. (2011). How to Make a 29% Increase Look Bigger: The Unit Effect in Option Comparisons. Journal of Consumer Research, 38, 308-322.
- Janssens, K., Pandelaere, M, Millet, K., Van den Bergh, B., Lens, I. & Roe, K. (2011). Can buy me love. Mate attraction goals lead to perceptual readiness for status products. Journal of Experimental Social Psychology, 47, 254-258.
- Pandelaere, M., Millet, K., & Van den Bergh, B. (2010). Madonna or Don McLean? The effect of order of exposure on relative liking. Journal of Consumer Psychology, 20, 442-451.
- Cornelissen, G., Pandelaere, M., Dewitte, S., & Warlop, L. (2008). Positive cueing: Promoting sustainable consumer behavior by cueing common environmental behaviors as environmental. International Journal of Research in Marketing, 25, 46-55.
- Geyskens, K., Dewitte, S., Pandelaere, M., & Warlop, L. (2008). Tempt Me Just a Little Bit More: The Effect of Prior Food Temptation Actionability on Goal Activation and Consumption. Journal of Consumer Research, 35, 600-610.
- Goukens C., Dewitte S., Pandelaere M., & Warlop L. (2007). Wanting a bit(e) of everything. Extending the valuation effect to variety seeking. Journal of Consumer Research, 34, 386-394.
- Briers, B., Pandelaere, M., Dewitte, S., & Warlop, L. (2006). Hungry for Money: On the Exchangeability of Financial and Caloric Resources. Psychological Science, 17, 939-943.
- Member Editorial Board of:
- Journal of Consumer Research
- International Journal of Research in Marketing
Mario Pandelaere is Associate Professor in Marketing. His research interests include consumer judgment and decision making, and materialism and conspicuous consumption. His work has been published in top-tier academic journals, including Journal of Consumer Research, Journal of Marketing Research International Journal of Research in Marketing, Journal of Consumer Psychology, and Psychological Science. He currently teaches Marketing, Society and Public Interest (MKTG 4664) and Experimental Research: Approach, Design and Data-analysis (MKTG 6984). He currently serves on the editorial board of the Journal of Consumer Research, is an AE for the International Journal of Research in Marketing and serves on business and economics panel of Research Foundation Flanders.