Shilpa V. Rao is an Assistant Professor of Practice in the Department of Marketing at the Pamplin College of Business starting Fall 2022. Prior to joining Pamplin, Shilpa earned her Ph.D. in Marketing from the University of Nebraska-Lincoln, where she taught courses in marketing analytics, marketing research, and digital Marketing.
She has nearly a decade-long industry experience in various IT-related and leadership roles in the U.S. and India. She has worked for clients in various sectors, such as banking (FirstData, JPMorgan), healthcare (United Health), and travel (Travelocity).
Shilpa earned her Ph.D. in Marketing from the University of Nebraska-Lincoln, an MBA in Marketing Analytics from Oklahoma State, an MS degree in Computer Applications and BS in Mathematics, Statistics, and Computer Science from India.
- Base SAS Certified Programmer, 2019
- SAS & Oklahoma State University Certification in Marketing Analytics, 2014
- IBM Certified System Administrator, Web Sphere Application Server, V6.1, 2008
- Sun Certified Web Component Developer 1.4, 2007
- Sun Certified Java Programmer 1.4, 2006